I Am A US Citizen And...

D.I Am Married To (Or Marrying) A Foreign National Residing In The U.S.

If you are married or going to marry a foreign national who is in the U.S., then the easiest method for your foreign national spouse to gain permanent residence or the “green card” is if you file a Petition for Alien Relative and your foreign national completes the process called Adjustment of Status. Your spouse will be able to obtain work authorization and may be eligible to get a travel permit to travel outside the country.

The entire process generally takes about 6 to 12 months based on where you live, however the work authorization and travel permit could generally be obtained in 60 to 90 days.

More About Green Card    |    Start Green Card